- Your current location:
- Government Regulations
No. 277 Order of Wuhan Municipal People’s Government
It is hereby promulgated that the Interim Measures of Wuhan Municipality for the Service and Administration of Residence Permits have been adopted at the 200th Executive Meeting of Wuhan Municipal People’s Government on December 26, 2016, and shall be implemented as of March 1, 2017.
Mayor: Wan Yong
January 6, 2017
Interim Measures of Wuhan Municipality for the Service and Administration of Residence Permits
Chapter I General Provisions
Article 1 With a view to standardizing the service and administration of residence permits, promoting the overall coverage of urban basic public services and conveniences to permanent resident population, and protecting the legitimate rights and interests of citizens, these Measures are formulated in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Household Registration, the Temporary Regulations on Residence Permits (Order No. 663 of the State Council), the Measures of Hubei Province for the Service and Administration of Residence Permits (Order No. 391 of the Provincial People’s Government), and other laws, regulations and rules, and in the light of the actual situation of this Municipality.
Article 2 A citizen residing in this Municipality who holds a household register beyond this Municipality may apply for a residence permit of Wuhan Municipality (hereinafter referred to as a residence permit) as provided by these Measures.
Article 3 A residence permit is a certificate for its bearer to reside in this Municipality, to enjoy the basic public services and conveniences to a permanent resident, and to apply for registering permanent residence.
Article 4 The Municipal People’s Government and the people’s governments at the district level shall incorporate their basic public services and conveniences to the bearers of residence permits into the national economic and social development plans, and the required funds into their fiscal budgets.
Article 5 The public security organs shall, as the competent departments for the administration of residence permits, be responsible for residence registration as well as the acceptance, making, issue and endorsement of residence permits, and shall, for the convenience of residents, entrust the community service agencies to conduct the work of residence registration and the application acceptance and issue of residence permits.
The departments of finance, human resources and social security, health and family planning, education, civil affairs, justice, industrial and commercial administration, and housing security and administration shall, in line with their respective responsibilities, perform well in the protection of rights and interests, service and administration of the bearers of residence permits.
Article 6 For the convenience of the bearers of residence permits, the relevant government departments shall establish and improve their information collection systems, strengthen the inter-departmental information integration and sharing related to such bearers as well as residence registration, health and family planning, and social and housing security.
Chapter II Application Procedures for Residence Permits
Article 7 If a citizen who holds a household register beyond this Municipality intends to reside within the administrative areas of this Municipality, he/she shall, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Household Registration, apply for residence registration with a public security organ or a community service agency entrusted by a public security organ (hereinafter referred to as community service agency) on the strength of his/her ID card or other valid identity certificates and a certificate of residential address, or may apply for residence registration through internet.
Public security organs and community service agencies shall, while collecting the information of citizens who hold household registers beyond this Municipality, remind the parties concerned to go through the procedures for residence registration.
Article 8 A citizen residing in this Municipality who holds a household register beyond this Municipality and meets any of the following conditions may apply for a residence permit if his/her residence registration has reached half a year:
(1) if he/she has a legal and stable job;
(2) if he/she has a legal and stable domicile; or
(3) if he/she receives education continuously.
“Having a legal and stable job” means that the aforesaid citizen has been employed or recruited with or without a labor contract signed according to law, or engages in operation business on the strength of a business license.
“Having a legal and stable domicile” means that the aforesaid citizen has, in this Municipality, a house with legal ownership, a legal rental house, or a dormitory provided by his/her employer or school.
“Receiving education continuously” means that the aforesaid citizen is studying with a registered student status in a primary or middle school in this Municipality or is receiving full-time formal education with a registered student status in a secondary vocational school, a general institution of higher education or a scientific research institute having the qualification for postgraduate education in this Municipality.
Article 9 A citizen who holds a household register beyond this Municipality may apply for a residence permit with the public security organ at the place of his/her residence or work or with the community service agency, or through the internet or other means.
For minors under the age of 16, the elderly who have difficulty in moving, and the disabled, their guardians or near relatives may, on the strength of the legal and valid ID cards of the applicants, apply for residence permits on behalf of them.
Article 10 An applicant of residence permit shall submit the following certificates:
(1) the original and duplicate of his/her resident ID card;
(2) a 1-inch recent front view bareheaded head shot photo; and
(3) certificates of domicile and employment or schooling.
A domicile certificate refers to a house-leasing contract, housing ownership certificate, house purchase contract, or a dormitory certificate issued by an employer or a school.
An employment certificate refers to a business license, labor contract, employment certificate issued by an employer, or a certificate capable of proving that an applicant has a legal and stable job.
A schooling certificate refers to a student’s ID card or a certificate issued by a school (an institution) that is capable of proving an applicant’s status of continuous education.
No individual or unit may forge or alter a certificate.
Article 11 A public security organ or community service agency shall, upon receipt of an application for residence permit, accept the application if the submitted materials are examined to be complete and issue an acceptance voucher, or notify the applicant on the spot of all required materials to be supplemented if the submitted materials are incomplete.
A public security organ or community service agency shall examine whether the application materials meet the provisions of Article 10 of these Measures, and issue a residence permit to a qualified applicant within 15 working days as of the date of acceptance. For an applicant who fails to meet the required conditions, a decision of rejection shall be issued with the reasons stated.
Article 12 The first residence permit of an applicant shall be exempt from the production cost.
The production cost of a residence permit replaced or reissued due to the loss or damage of the original shall be charged according to the relevant provisions of the State and the Province.
Article 13 A residence permit shall include such information as the name, sex, ethnics, photo, resident ID card number, registered domicile and current residential address of an applicant, as well as the issuing authority, valid term and permit number.
Chapter III Public Services and Conveniences
Article 14 A bearer shall, on the strength of his/her residence permit, enjoy the following basic public services in this Municipality:
(1) basic public employment service: the bearer of a residence permit may, according to the relevant provisions, enjoy the services like employment information consulting, job registration, occupation introduction and guidance;
(2) social security service: the bearer of a residence permit may, according to the relevant provisions of the State, the Province and the Municipality, participate in the social security program and enjoy social insurance benefits;
(3) education service: the bearer of a residence permit may apply for receiving compulsory education at the place of residence for his/her children living along with him/her, and the administrative department of education of the district where the bearer resides shall make overall arrangement. If the children living along with the bearer of a residence permit meets the conditions prescribed by the State, the Province and the Municipality, they may apply at the place of residence for participating in the entrance examinations of senior middle schools and general institutions of higher education;
(4) basic public health service: the bearer of a residence permit and his/her children living along with him/her enjoy such basic public health services as the free establishment of health archives, health education, health care of pregnant and lying-in women and children, prevention and control of infectious diseases, vaccination of national immunization program for children;
(5) family planning service: the bearer of a residence permit enjoys free of charge the premarital medical examination, pre-pregnancy physical examination, free technical service for family planning, and contraception and birth control service;
(6) housing security service: the bearer of a residence permit enjoys the rights to deposit, withdraw and use housing fund and apply for indemnificatory housing according to the relevant provisions of this Municipality on housing security;
(7) public cultural and sports service: the bearer of a residence permit enjoys free of charge the public cultural service provided by public libraries, museums, cultural centers, art galleries, and science and technology museums, as well as public fitness service and other public sports services;
(8) public transport and tourism service: the bearer of a residence permit who meets the prescribed conditions may enjoy preferences in public transport and tourism;
(9) legal aid and other legal services: the bearer of a residence permit may apply for legal aid, people’s mediation, and other public legal services in this Municipality; and
(10) other basic public services specified by the State, the Province and the Municipality.
Article 15 A bearer shall, on the strength of his/her residence permit, enjoy conveniences in this Municipality in the following matters:
(1) replacement or reissue of resident ID card;
(2) procedures for entry-exit documents;
(3) registration of motor vehicles;
(4) application for motor vehicle driving license;
(5) examination for practicing licenses (professional qualification certificates), qualification review of professional and technical posts as provided by the State and the Province;
(6) procedures for birth service registration and other family planning certificates;
(7) transfer of permanent residence on the bearer’s free will from the former to the current residence, provided that the credits of the bearer’s residence permit have met the required conditions;
(8) if the bearer is from the Hui nationality, Wei nationality or another national minority who has the custom of body burial, burial in Huis’ cemetery of this Municipality, or if he/she has financial difficulties, reduction or exemption of relevant charges;
(9) issue of residence certificates and certificates concerning his/her identity; and
(10) other conveniences specified by the State, the Province and the Municipality.
Chapter IV Administration of Residence Permits
Article 16 The bearer of a residence permit whose residential address has been changed shall, within three days on the strength of his/her residence permit and domicile certificate, go through the procedures for information change with the public security organ or community service agency at the place of his/her current residence.
If the bearer of a residence permit finds that his/her registered information is not true or correct, he/she may, on the strength of evidentiary materials, apply for correction with the public security organ or community service agency at the place of his/her residence, and the public security organ shall immediately correct its information after verification.
Article 17 A residence permit shall be endorsed once every year. The bearer of a residence permit who resides continuously at the place of his/her residence shall, within one month before expiry of one year’s residence, go through the endorsement procedures with the public security organ or community service agency at the place of his/her current residence on the strength of his/her residence permit.
Article 18 If the bearer of a residence permit fails to fulfill the endorsement procedures within the prescribed time limit, the use functions of his/her residence permit shall be suspended until he/she makes up the endorsement procedures, and the period of his/her residence shall be counted continuously as of the date he/she makes up the endorsement procedures.
The bearer of a residence permit who goes through the endorsement procedures is required to hand over his/her resident ID card for examination. In the event of any change of his/her domicile, job or schooling information, the relevant evidentiary materials shall also be submitted.
A public security organ or community service agency shall verify the registered residence of a bearer, and if a bearer meets the conditions, shall immediately issue the endorsement, or if a bearer fails to meet the conditions, shall state the reasons to the bearer.
Article 19 The bearer of a residence permit who intends to leave this Municipality for living shall cancel his/her registration information with the public security organ or community service agency at the place of his/her original residence. If such bearer lives in this Municipality again, he/she shall go through the formalities for residence registration, and the period of residence shall be counted anew as of the date of registration.
A public security organ or community service agency shall, once finding that the bearer of a residence permit does not reside at his/her registered address, cancel the registration information of such bearer and suspend the use function of his/her residence permit.
If a residence permit is illegible due to damage or is lost, its bearer shall go through the procedures for replacement or reissue with the competent authority.
A bearer who replaces his/her residence permit shall return the original.
Article 20 Public security organs, community service agencies and their functionaries shall keep secret according to law the State secret, commercial secrete and personal information got in their work process.
Chapter V Legal Responsibilities
Article 21 For any violation of these Measures, if the laws, regulations and rules have punishment provisions, such provisions shall prevail.
Article 22 Administrative punishments given due to violation of these Measures shall be recorded by the relevant departments into the municipal public service platform for social credit information, for the purpose of enquiry of entities and individuals as provided.
Article 23 State organs or their functionaries who commit any of the following acts shall be punished according to law; if a crime is constituted, criminal liability shall be investigated according to law:
(1) refusing to accept an application from or issue a license permit to an applicant who meets the required conditions;
(2) collecting fees in violation of relevant provisions;
(3) accepting properties or seeking other gains by taking advantage of making and issuing residence permits;
(4) selling or offering to others the personal information of bearers of residence permits;
(5) falsifying the information of residence permits; or
(6) other illegal acts.
Chapter VI Supplementary Provisions
Article 24 These Measures shall be implemented as of March 1, 2017. The Interim Measures of Wuhan Municipality for the Administration of Residence Permits (Order No. 215 of the Municipal People’s Government) promulgated by the Municipal People’s Government on February 10, 2011 shall be repealed therefrom.
People’s governments at the district level, departments of the Municipal People’s Government.
Office of Legislative Affairs of the Provincial People’s Government.
General Office of the Municipal Party Committee, Wuhan Garrison Command, people’s organizations, Democratic Parties.
General Office of the Standing Committee of the Municipal People’s Congress, General Office of CPPCC Wuhan Committee, Municipal People’s Court and Procuratorate.
News agencies, enterprises and institutions affiliated to ministries.
General Office of Wuhan Municipal People’s Government
Printed and Distributed on January 11, 2017